- 4 ounces of Heartland Maple Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- 1 box of muffin mix or lemon bread mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 5-6 slices of fresh lemon and orange
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Mix cream cheese and egg yolk until soft. Put in a ziplock bag or a pastry bag and set aside.
- Make the muffin or bread mix according to directions.
- Layer half the batter in a 9x5 bread loaf pan.
- Evenly spoon the cranberry sauce over the muffin mix.
- Cut a corner off the ziplock bag to pipe in a layer the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining batter and bake according to package directions.
- About half way through cooking, dip the sliced lemons and oranges in sugar and place on top of loaf
- Continue baking until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. (Baking may take an additional 15 mins due to extra ingredients.)
- Broil top of the loaf for a few minutes if the citrus slices have not browned yet.
- Cool completely, slice, and serve.